Monday, March 23, 2009

AYU'S BIODATA

I am Nor Ayuni Binte Mohamad Saleh. I’m a final year student in National University of Singapore (NUS), majoring in Applied Mathematics. I am self-motivated, organized and a driven person. I take pride in my work, constantly putting in my best effort.

Back in secondary school, I was actively involved in the Student Council and National Police Cadets Corps, represented the school in various activities at cluster and national level. In Junior College, I was in the Touch Rugby school team. Again, I represented the school at national level and participated in many touch carnival. In NUS, I was involved in the Malay society, where I was part of the organizing team for Malam Pentas, which is one of the annually event held by the society.

During school vacations, I had worked at places such as Metro, MOCCA and Chomel. The past work experiences had allowed me to have a glimpse of the real working world. Punctuality, independence, responsibility and confidence is some examples of traits that I have learnt while working.

In life, I aspire to educate the younger generation. To me, this is one of the ways that I could contribute back to the society. This explains my interest to tutor and teach in areas where I am capable of.

On top of the busy academic schedule, I managed to attend a couple of baking classes where I pursue my interest. Baking is a field which I would love to explore after graduating. I desire to attain a qualification in baking. Besides baking, I love vacations. Visited places like Bandung and Mount Kinabalu where the natural sceneries were breathe taking. In the near future, I would love to visit places like Mount Fuji and Taman Negara in Malaysia. After exploring Asia, it is my dream to venture the other beautiful continent of the world to enjoy what nature has to offer.

Edited 31/03/09

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the biographical statement, Ayu. I can see that you're "driven" to be all that you can be. But I observe that you do that in a responsible, caring way. What's also impressive is that you have a sense of concern for the young and how important it is to give back what you yourself have gained. Best of luck in achieving your dreams on your life adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ayu!

    I can totally imagine you as a teacher, as you do seem like a patient and driven person to me! I like your passion in educating the younger generation, which I feel is very important for a teacher. Especially in our current society, where the kids are maturing at a faster pace due to the greater exposure to media, we need more people like you to guide them in their development and thinking!

    Oh, by the way, the following sentence caught my attention:
    “Punctuality, independent, responsible and confidence is some examples of traits that I have learnt while working.”

    I thought it should either be all adjectives or nouns, one of which could be “Punctuality, independence, responsibility and confidence are some examples of traits that I have…”
    That is just my two cents’ worth! Please correct me if I am wrong. =X

    All the best in pursuing your dreams! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wan Yu,

    Thanks for correcting my mistakes. EDITED!

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ayu,

    I agree totally with freakydolls that you posses all (if not all then 90% at least!) of the characteristics a teacher must have. From your interview- I hope I wasn’t too mean =( - you appeared to me as a confident and patient, and of course that math question Daniel and I made you explain further impressed me by your wittiness. From your biodata, your strong CCA record as a student cadet in the NPCC is definitely a plus point to convince me that you have a great deal of self discipline and of course, a body of authority where your students can look up to. It is apparent that your love for children and to nurture them makes you the best candidate for teaching!

    You are employed for sure if I were the interviewer at MOE! Good luck to you in your budding teaching career=)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shi Wei,

    You're not mean just a bit intimidating.... :)
    I would say that I love to work in teams rather than alone. To me, teaching is one of the many ways for me to contribute to the society.

    Ayu :)

    ReplyDelete